This low-calorie corn minestrone bursts with the goodness of fresh sweet corn and mixed vegetable.
- 1/2 cup Supa Corn kernels
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, carrots,peas, cauliflower, cut into bits
- 100 gms beans, cut into 1/2" bits
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled kidney beans or rajma
- 1 cup boiled pasta
- 2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot, add onion and lightly fry for 2 minutes then
- Add the garlic and mixed vegetables and cook until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the beans, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to taste; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, Supa Corn kernels and the stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kidneybeans and pasta and cook until the pasta and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot with crusty bread.