The cake is made with cornmeal and has sweet golden kernels of corn sprinkled throughout that help make the cake stay moist while adding a slight crunch. My recommendation is to serve this cake warm, so you get that feeling of eating cornbread. I hope you like it.
- Corn -200 gm
- white flour-400 gm
- Sugar-200 gm
- Butter-200 gm
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C, grease a round 9/10 inch cake pan, Add line bottom and sides with several layers waxed paper
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until it looks thick and creamy.
- Add the egg one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and corn then fold into the creamed mixture.
- Place the cake pan in the center of the oven and bake for 20-25 minute.