Did you know corn is America's number one field crop? Corn leads all other crops in value and volume of production. Here's some more interesting facts about corn....
- An ear of corn averages 800 kernels in 16 rows.
- A pound of corn consists of approximately 1,300 kernels.
- 100 bushels of corn produces approximately 7,280,000 kernels.
- Each year, a single U.S. farmer provides food and fiber for 129 people - 97 in the U.S. and 32 overseas.
- In the U.S., corn production measures more than 2 times that of any other crop.
- Over 55% of Iowa's corn goes to foreign markets. The rest is used in other parts of the United States.